Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday Face: The Leprechaun

Today I bring you Daniel Collins, our very own Fighting Irish leprechaun. Daniel hails from the cold clime of upstate New York, so I bet the South Bend winters never fazed him. He is going to be a lawyer someday and in the meantime, he does an amazing job cheering on our team! There is nothing that gets me pumped up for a game like seeing our leprechaun's spirit and energy. Ladies and gentlemen, I present you with our wonderful leprechaun.

Your full name: Daniel Colt Collins

Major: Political Science

Minors: Irish Studies, Peace Studies

Dorm: Alumni Hall

Hometown: Buffalo, NY

Job description: I cheer our loyal sons onward to victory, I MC the pep-rallies, I make special appearances and do community service both locally and around the nation, I dance a mean Irish Jig, I wear a lot of green, I do a lot of pushups, and I supposedly bring good luck to Notre Dame.

What are your plans for life after college? I am currently applying to law school.

What is your favorite place on campus? inside Notre Dame Stadium on the most sacred football field in the world, the grotto on a snowy night is a close second

What is it really like being the Leprechaun? It is the ultimate honor to represent Notre Dame in the way I do. I am living the dream.

What is your theme song? The Rakes of Mallow

What is something you struggle with? holding myself back from running out onto the football field and sacking the opposing quarterback like Rudy did

Who is your hero? My mom, she is the ultimate source of inspiration in my life. My idol as a mascot is Sabretooth, mascot for the Buffalo Sabres.

What is the best place to go for an away game? San Antonio, because the stars at night are big and bright deep in the heart of Texas!

What do you think is the world's biggest problem? The University of Southern California Trojans

Favorite and least favorite thing about being a Notre Dame student?

Favorite: the honor of being part of the greatest tradition in existence, the Notre Dame Spirit

Least Favorite: it only lasts for 4 years (unless I get into Notre Dame Law School)

What makes you laugh? When Fighting Irish fans show me their Leprechaun tattoos on game day

One word that describes you? Lucky

6 comments:

  1. Very nice, GO IRISH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes I am one of the ones that made you laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danny-boy, a true Leprechaun! Go Irish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WELL HE IS THE LEPRECHAUM, WE EVER HAD............ HE IS AWESOME.....GO IRISH !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DANIEL COLT BREATHES LIFE INTO THE LEPRECHAUN...BEST EVER....GO IRISH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He leaves it all out on the field!! The hardest working Leprechaun ever!! His spirit and passion is unchartered!!

    ReplyDelete